Saturday, August 28, 2010
Lollapalooza 2010 Roundup
Three weeks later I am doing my last Lolla post. Here we go:
Why Lolla is the best festival period:
1) In and out privaleges - Want go back to your hotel to take a nap? Grab a cheap beer? Eat better food? Don't want to use a port-o-let? No problem.
2) You are in Chicago. No need to rent a car or take cabs. Resturaunts not name Taco Bell or In n Out.
3) Grant Park. Stunning. One side Lake Michigan, other side Chicago skyline.
4) Ticket prices are more reasonable than any other festival.
5) Wonderful space for viewing a show and vendors.
Top Shows for 2010
9) Cymbals Eat Guitars
6) Lady Gaga
2) Gogol Bordello
1) Mumford & Sons
Most Disappointing Performances:
1) The XX
Until next year.